Roses and Juliets
The name sounds intriguing huh?
Well, join the Denver book and wine club created by Mastermind Lacey: @roseandjulietbookclub
Last month's book chosen was "Food Revolution: How your diet can help save your life and our world" by John Robbins. If you haven't picked this one up, even just to peruse the contents, you should. Robbins is the son of Baskin-Robbins co-founder and author of many books advocating nutrition, physical health, and environmentalism. He created the organization EarthSave as a reaction to his first book: Diet for a New America. He promotes healthy environmentally sound food choices, produce from the medical system and raise awareness of "the ecological destruction and cruelty linked to the production of food animals."
In conjunction with reading the ideas and views of Robbins, we decided to host a vegan cooking class as our monthly "experience." Of course, we too enjoyed wine from the subscription Lacey has through Winc, wine club.
Keep your eyes on the horizon as Lacey bridges the two concepts...wine and book club. We're all in for a treat!!
In the meantime, stay full with this recipe that we used in our cooking class for last month's meetup:
7-Ingredient Vegan Cheesecakes
7-ingredient vegan, gluten-free cheesecakes that are creamy, slightly tart, perfectly sweet, and 100% irresistible. Better than real cheesecake and the perfect healthy, simple dessert to feed a crowd (or just you).
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
1. Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
2. Next add nuts and process into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it's too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal. Optional: add a pinch of salt to taste.
3. Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots. This creates little tabs that makes removing them easier to pop out once frozen.
4. Next scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp amounts of crust and press with fingers. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. I found the bottom of a glass works well. If it sticks, separate the crust and the glass with a small piece of parchment. Set in freezer to firm up.
5. Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. For the coconut milk, I like to scoop the "cream" off the top because it provides a richer texture. But if yours is already all mixed together, just add it in as is.
6. You don't need a Vitamix for this recipe, just a quality blender. I mixed mine for 1 minute, then "liquified" or "pureed" it until silky smooth. If it won't come together, add a touch more lemon juice or agave or a splash more coconut milk liquid as the liquid should help it blend better.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If adding peanut butter, add to the blender and mix until thoroughly combined. If flavoring with blueberry or caramel, wait and swirl on top of plain cheesecakes (optional).
8. Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours.
9. Once set, remove by tugging on the tabs or loosening them with a butter knife. They should pop right out. Our favorite way to devour these was with a little more caramel and a touch of coconut whipped cream. But they're perfect as is! Keep in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
10. Optional: You can set them out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, but I liked them frozen as well.
1/9/2019 10:47:14 pm
Nowadays, it is really important that we are mindful on everything that we eat. Actually, it is very important that all food that we are are healthy. Nowadays, it is not just fruits and vegetables that are healthy because there are usual desserts that have its healthy version now! I am really enticed to try your 7-Ingredient Vegan Cheesecakes. By just hearing its name, I can feel that it has an amazing taste. The only difference is the fact that it has a healthy cheesecake that we can eat! I am hoping to try it as soon as possible!
9/15/2019 11:59:07 pm
very useful post... thanks for sharing such valuable information in the blogs. See information about net worth.
Leave a Reply.